Lil Wayne Quotes from XXL Interview

. Saturday, April 26, 2008
  • Agregar a Technorati
  • Agregar a Del.icio.us
  • Agregar a DiggIt!
  • Agregar a Yahoo!
  • Agregar a Google
  • Agregar a Meneame
  • Agregar a Furl
  • Agregar a Reddit
  • Agregar a Magnolia
  • Agregar a Blinklist
  • Agregar a Blogmarks


from XXL Magazine (Jan/Feb 2008)

I'm not hot. I'm great.

Insight: To be hot is to be temporary. Greatness endures.
_____________
I love fans, but I honor believers. Believers know you're great. That's why they believe in you.

Insight: Know the difference between who will ride with and who will ride for you.
_____________
XXL: You do have a similar work ethic (as 2 Pac), as far as the amount of records you put out and the time you spend in the studio?

Wayne: It's not even time I spend. I live in the studio. I spend time doing other $h#+.

Insight: Passions aren't for free-time, they're for full-time.
_____________
XXL: Do you ever get creatively drained working at such a pace?

Wayne: That's a crazy question because obviously I don't right?

Insight: Just keep creating to get more creative energy.
_____________
My mind set is always the same. I'm never there...You're never there until you're there.

Insight: It's not until we push ourselves to our limits that we realize that we're limitless.
_____________
Yeah, that's very not important to me - sales. I'm not set out to be bought. I'm set out to be heard...I'm focused on making great music.

Insight: Create value first and the money will follow.
_____________
I don't think nobody know what they can do 'til they do it

Insight: Action speaks louder than words. Don't talk about it. Try.
_____________
I'm changing that. It used to be "Work like Jamaicans." (I want it to be) Work like Waye.

Insight: Whoever wants to work the least later, must work hardest today.
_____________
I do what I do 'cause I do. 'Cause I know why I do what I do.

Insight: Know your intentions and disregard what other people think.
_____________
I don't listen to radio and $h#+. I rarely...I'm on this bus all day. I critique my $h#+ all day. I'm my biggest fan and hater and believer and nonbeliever. I'm trying to study MY game. No disrespect to anybody. It ain't even that I don't have the time to listen to it, it's just - that's how great I wanna be.

Insight: Competition is a distraction. Study you, not your perceived competitor.

0 comments: